The purpose of the conference was to discuss topical issues of information and library support for educational and research activities of universities.
The main sponsor of the event was Grebennikov Publishing House.
Samazhan Umirzakov, Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs opened the conference, noting that the conference is a fruitful platform for discussing urgent problems facing university libraries. He also emphasized that transformation of university libraries is the most important condition for increasing the efficiency of universities.
Azamat Utenov, a philanthropist, sponsor of the “Do-It-Yourself” intellectual club, was invited to the conference, where he presented books to all conference participants.
The conference program consisted of four sessions:
Session 1. ""New models and ways of transforming university libraries""
Session 2. ""Electronic resources and supporting education and research development""
Session 3. ""Features of digital transformation in modern libraries""
Session 4. ""Plagiarism as a threat for the innovative development of society""
Within the framework of the conference, the following seminars were organized:
"Legal aspects of digitization of book collections of university libraries: problems and ways to solve them""
Leading world-class intellectual property experts from Azerbaijan and Russia were present:
- Ismail Mammadkarimov, General Director of the Eurasian Confederation of the Society of Rights Holders (EAKOP), Chairman of the Board of the Azerbaijan Authors' Society.
- Ivan Anatolyevich Bliznets, Academic Director of the Scientific and Educational Center for Intellectual Property and Digital Economy of the Russian Federation, member of the Judicial Chamber for Information Disputes under the President of the Russian Federation.
"Quality assurance in the activities of university libraries""
In-house training seminar was led by Marina Aleksandrovna Skiba, Chairman of the Expert Council of the Independent Agency and Rating (IAAR).
The purpose of the seminar was to discuss the ways to develop the professional competence of university libraries.
The following themes were also discussed:
- promoting the formation of the ability to plan activities and reengineering processes;
- preparation of university libraries for external evaluation procedures;
- promoting the development of quality assurance culture at the university.
The conference has successfully continued the tradition of raising important issues of academic library development in Kazakhstan and beyond.
The organizers are grateful to all participants for their active participation. "