At present SRCC research initiatives are focused on (but not limited to):
- Understanding the organizational, managerial and business dynamics in the contexts of Central Asian economies
- The internationalization dynamics in Central Asia – how regional companies are going global and how global organizations entering/ operating in Central Asian markets
- Post soviet dynamics and the evolution of modern cities as important commercial hubs
- Restoration/ Preservation of heritage and culture by countries on the Silk Road
- Alignments of organizations to 'triple bottom line (i.e., profit, people, planet)'
- Commercial Entrepreneurship and Social Entrepreneurship in Central Asia